The Purpose of Collecting Your Information
As a member of SCILL (SCIO), we hold your name and contact details in order to communicate for the following purposes: –
- Informing you about SCILL (SCIO) news, including newsletters and information on SCILL (SCIO) Membership;
- Informing you about events and activities such as support sessions, workshops, talks, courses, fairs and children’s activities;
- Informing you of selected information from third parties that might be of interest to SCILL (SCIO) members such as news and activities regarding supporting children with additional support needs.
The legal basis for collecting your information is your consent.
Sharing of Your Information
Your information will not be shared with any third party unless specific consent has been granted for a particular purpose.
Security of Your Information
Your personal information will be stored on the SCILL computer which is password protected and kept in a locked cabinet. Back-up storage will be encrypted.
SCILL (SCIO) is using Google forms to gather membership information. Google adheres to the Privacy Shield Framework.
Your email address will be transferred to and stored by Mailchimp for sending group emails from SCILL (SCIO). Mailchimp is a Privacy Shield compliant organisation.
SCILL (SCIO) will retain your data until you tell us that you wish to end your membership, after which time your name and leaving date will be retained for a period of six years.
Automated Decision-Making or Profiling
SCILL (SCIO) does not undertake any automated decision-making, including profiling, based on your data.
Please note that you have the following rights: –
- to withdraw consent at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org;
- to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office;
- to request access to your personal data;
- to data portability;
- to restrict processing;
- to request rectification or erasure of your personal data, as so far as the legislation permits.
For further information regarding how SCILL (SCIO) uses your personal data, please email the SCILL (SCIO) Administrator at email@example.com.
(Approved on 20 February 2019)